We were on a road trip a few weeks ago and I had an idea for an educational app I would build if I had time.
You start the app before you take your trip and set your current location. As you drive the app updates your location on a map so it is drawing a travel line.
The app contains a database of distances of things and short summaries about them.
- Length of the longest bridge in the world
- Width of Rhode Island
- Length of Panama Canal
- Distance between the Hawaiian island and Maui
- Length of the San Francisco Bay
- Length of dollar bills, laid end-to-end printed in the US every year
- Diameter of the largest fungus in the world
As the app notices you pass these distances the phone would receive a notification to open the app and read the info about length reached. You could continue to receive notifications on your trip back as well.