OH this was not cool. Our upstairs neighbor had a water leak and so our bedroom was rained on. The only real damage that came out of this was the wood on our bed blistered up.
When I walked into the room you couldn't see where the water had come from so it was pretty crazy for a minute. I almost thought someone had been in the apartment and...I dunno, sprayed water everywhere. I knew it was water because my first instinct was to smell it. :)
The ceiling had no spots and the water seemed to be in random places. It wasn't until this morning that you could see the water stains and where the water traveled once it seeped through the ceiling. Our neighbors upstairs came down and cleaned the whole thing up, so that was cool of them.
- YouTube - Green Tea Partay - "to all my brothers locked up on the 405"
- FreshArrival » Blog Archive » NeatReceipts Scanalizer: The Review. - DROOOL. This is everyone's dream product. I want.
- John Battelle's Searchblog: Voice Post 3: Conversational Judo, Percocet - One of my favorite hats at FM is responding to customer service issues with the ordering platform. Two nights ago at 1am I had a chance to respond to someone because I was up cleaning my room from the flood. We figured out the problem had to do with Paypal's site and he was pretty grateful I got back to him that quick.
- Whimsley: The Netflix Prize: 300 Days Later - Nice write-up on the Netflix Prize. I believe star ratings systems are faulty. I have an idea how to fix it and will probably work on it someday.
- joshua's blog: elevator camera obscura
- Advertising Helps Me Decide - I want this shirt but it's printed on a shirt that isn't American Apparel.
- PingMag - The Tokyo-based magazine about “Design and Making Things” » Archive » The Return of Black! - Black is back. Did you know I usually wear a black t-shirt every day? I'm cool again!